No Lawsuit is Too Complex for Our Team of Experienced Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyers
An error by a doctor or hospital can have disastrous consequences. Serious conditions may go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed; medications may be administered in incorrect dosages, treatment regimens may be botched because of poorly trained or overworked medical staff, and life-altering birth injuries may result from mistakes in the delivery room.
The Chicago personal injury law firm of Lane & Lane, LLC specializes in all types of Illinois medical malpractice lawsuits, and our skilled attorneys will aggressively work to make you or your loved one financially whole.
Types of Medical Malpractice
The phrase “medical malpractice” covers a wide variety of negligence, including:
- Medication Errors. A doctor or nurse who administers a drug in the improper dosage can put a patient's life at risk; the same applies if an overworked technician accidentally uses the wrong drug, resulting in death or serious injury.
- Errors in diagnosis. If you have advanced, stage-3 lung cancer and your doctor diagnoses it as a “bad chest cold,” you may have grounds to claim medical malpractice in Illinois. The same may apply if your physician treats you for the wrong disease, based on a mistaken diagnosis.
- Birth injuries. If a hospital staff is not properly trained to deal with abnormal deliveries, or deliveries with complications, a newborn infant can potentially incur life-altering brain injuries, such as paralysis or cerebral palsy. If it can be shown that a doctor or nurse was at fault, you may have grounds for a malpractice claim. Our Chicago birth injury lawyers can help.
- Insufficient or overly aggressive treatment. There are widely agreed-upon protocols for dealing with serious, long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. A doctor who stints on treatment, or who treats a disease too aggressively, may leave himself open to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Emergency room errors. ER staff necessarily resort to a “triage” system: the most seriously ill patients are attended to first, and all others have no choice but to wait. If an emergency room employee gives you or a loved one a quick “once-over” and incorrectly determines that your condition is not sufficiently serious, you may have grounds for a claim if there is a detrimental result.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Illinois Medical Malpractice Claim
Illinois medical malpractice lawsuits are notoriously easy to file, but they can also be notoriously difficult to win: you have to show that the injury, disability or death that occurred was directly attributable to the errors or omissions of a doctor, nurse, or medical staff member. At Lane & Lane, we specialize in medical malpractice cases and have the experience and resources to pursue your case from beginning to end. Call us today at 888-484-9881 for a free consultation with one of our knowledgable Chicago medical malpractice attorneys.
We Accept Referrals from Illinois Attorneys Needing Assistance
With Complex Medical Malpractice Cases