Allow an Aurora auto accident attorney to guide you to the injury compensation you deserve.
Unfortunately, car accidents are common and often cause serious injuries. And your recovery period can obliterate your financial stability and leave you feeling like there’s no recourse available to you.
If someone else caused your car accident, Illinois law grants you the right to pursue compensation through a personal injury claim. You shouldn’t have to cover the costs of your car crash by yourself, and, luckily, the law addresses that.
Your Aurora car accident lawyer will take every measure possible to hold the at-fault parties responsible so you can recover without worrying about your family’s financial stability. At Lane & Lane, LLC, we pride ourselves on taking great care of our clients and making sure they get the compensation they need.
Car Crash Causes
We’ll investigate the scene of your Aurora auto wreck, the vehicles involved, their maintenance histories, and every auto part that might have contributed to this situation.
Motor vehicle accidents are often the result of the following causes:
- Drunk, drugged, distracted, or drowsy drivers
- Hazardous road conditions
- Part malfunctions
- Road construction
Once we find the cause, that should lead us to the at-fault person or parties, which is essential in any personal injury lawsuit.
Aurora Auto Accident Injuries
The high speeds and large mass of the cars involved in a collision can make the injuries catastrophic. A serious injury can take any of the following forms:
- Head and facial damage can lead to traumatic brain injury, disfigurement, loss of sight, hearing, or smelling, and possible reconstructive surgery.
- Neck, back, and spinal cord trauma can cause paralysis and chronic nerve damage, resulting in pain, numbness, or lack of motor control.
- Broken bones could tear arteries, causing blood loss with possible brain damage, and the limb may need to be amputated.
- Severe burns can disfigure you and require multiple surgeries to repair.
- Internal damage is often initially overlooked but can include life-threatening problems like internal bleeding and organ damage.
Aurora Auto Wreck Compensation
After you’re hurt in a crash, your medical expenses will balloon while your income dwindles. You shouldn’t have to have debt hanging over you while you heal. But your Aurora car crash lawyer will ease that worry.
We’ll communicate with your doctors, specialists, therapists, and other experts to determine the extent and cost of your injuries. Then, we’ll add up the cost of all your damages and demand that the other party compensate you for some or all of the following, depending on your circumstances:
- Immediate and long-term medical expenses
- Current and predicted wage losses
- Property damage, which includes replacing your vehicle
- Disability accommodations
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium and care
- Wrongful death
Dealing with Insurance Tactics
Most insurance companies don’t care if you can’t work or feed your family as long as their bottom line is left as intact as possible. They’ll try twisting your words against you to make it sound like you admitted fault when you didn’t. They do this partly because it can help them benefit from a particular Illinois law involving comparative negligence.
Illinois’ comparative negligence rules allow victims to sue for damages even if they’re 49 percent at fault, but they lose that same percentage of any awarded compensation. If you win $1 million, but are 10 percent at fault, then you only get $900,000..
Any blame insurers successfully push in your direction has the potential to reduce the amount of compensation they have to give you. We won’t stand for unfair insurance company tactics, and we will know how to fight back.
Partner with an Aurora Car Accident Attorney
The negligent individuals who caused your accident deserve to be held accountable, and you deserve compensation, so get in touch with a lawyer from Lane & Lane, LLC as soon as you can.
Call us at 312-332-1400 or fill out the form at the bottom of the page to schedule a no-obligation, complimentary case consultation with an Aurora car accident lawyer.