Don’t get mad after your motorcycle accident—get even. Get the compensation you deserve. Call an Aurora motorcycle crash lawyer.
Riding a motorcycle is fun. But if you’re involved in a collision, you’re much more likely to suffer serious injury and greater medical costs than someone in a car. You’ll also have to fight twice as hard to banish the “reckless biker” stereotypes insurance companies will use to reduce their client’s blame.
That’s why you may need an Aurora motorcycle accident lawyer from Lane & Lane, LLC. We'll make sure all responsible parties are held accountable for your suffering.
Causes of Aurora Motorcycle Accidents
A major factor in car-on-motorcycle crashes in Aurora is the small size of the motorcycle. Many people don’t register a bicyclist or a motorcyclist in their mirrors or blind spots. This is especially true on highways. Their brains are tuned to cars and semi-trucks but not much else. This causes many turning and lane-change accidents. Other factors could include the following:
- Other Drivers – Drunk, drugged, drowsy, distracted, or careless drivers
- Road Conditions – Potholes, uneven lanes, drop-off shoulders, and large bumps
- Construction Zone Mishaps – Unattended or unmarked equipment or work areas, inadequate traffic instructions, unmarked lane adjustments, and other poor road conditions
- Falling Debris – Trash from a window, rocks from a dump truck, or logs from a semi-trailer
Once we nail down the cause, we should have no trouble pointing to the person at fault. We have to know who’s at fault to file a personal injury lawsuit. For example, if your brakes went out, we might look at the company that did work on the brakes.
Common Motorcyclist Injuries in Aurora
Your injuries could have temporary effects, or they may have effects you have to learn to live with for the rest of your life. Since your protection amounts to a helmet and some leather, your injuries will likely be more severe than most other traffic accident victims’ injuries.
You could have suffered any of the following serious injuries after your Aurora motorcycle accident:
- Head and face injuries
- Neck, back, and spine damage
- Internal organ damage
- Large-area and severe burns
- Fractured bones
- Amputated limbs
- Emotional distress
Recovering Damages for Aurora Motorcycle Accidents
We’ll work closely with all the relevant experts, including doctors, physical therapists, psychologists, and even your employer, to determine how much your motorcycle accident will cost you in the end. These effects can even be estimated through your retirement to make sure you’re never left to financially suffer for injuries that weren’t your fault.
Your claim may include the following damages:
- Immediate and long-term medical costs
- Current and projected income loss or decrease
- Disability accommodations to your home, workplace, and vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other types of emotional distress
- Loss of companionship and care
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
Reach Out to an Aurora Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you want to boost your chance of a successful outcome, you may need an experienced Aurora motorcycle accident lawyer from Lane & Lane, LLC to represent you in settlement negotiations or court. Enter your information below or call us at 312-332-1400 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.