An Aurora injury lawyer can maximize the value of your claim and fight for every bit of it while you recover.
A serious injury can happen to anyone anywhere. Accidents happen, but if you didn’t cause yours, you shouldn’t have to pay for it. Your costs will be high and your recovery will take time, making fighting your way through the legal system alone almost impossible.
Hiring an Aurora personal injury lawyer is an important way to boost your chances of filing a successful injury claim. Our team here at Lane & Lane, LLC has experience negotiating settlements and winning substantial awards in court.
Personal Injury Case Examples
Over the years, Aurora residents have found many ways to accidentally hurt themselves and others. Some injuries are emotionally traumatizing, and some are just painful and expensive. Here are a few of the more common accidents:
Causes vary from accident to accident, sometimes combining two or more types. This makes things more complicated because you have to identify everyone who holds responsibility in order to recover the full value of your damages.
Your Aurora accident injury lawyer will need to investigate the scene of your serious accident and dig into the history of the vehicles, equipment, tools, and other objects involved. We’ll also look into the people involved in your accident.
Interviewing witnesses while the event is still fresh in their minds is important to get an accurate picture of what happened. We’ll speak with your first responders, the emergency room staff, the doctors and nurses, and everyone who might have witnessed the accident.
We’ll also gather police reports and medical documents, as well as relevant photos, videos, and other evidence.
Cause Finds Fault
Once we find the cause, we’ll determine where the fault may lie, and we can file a claim against the parties we identify. The following are some potential causes of your Aurora personal injury claim:
- Car Accidents – Drugged, drunk, drowsy, or distracted drivers, road conditions, inadequate or poor maintenance, or bad parts
- Product Liability – Design, manufacture, and marketing defects
- Premises Liability – Poor warnings of slippery areas in or outside businesses, negligence in protecting others from property hazards, and not leashing or fencing a dog
- Construction and Work Accidents – Third parties other than employers, including equipment manufacturers
- Medical Malpractice – Improper medications, intoxicated doctors, careless health professionals, and missed or wrong diagnoses
Possible Compensation for Serious Injuries in Aurora
Due to the wide variety of serious injuries you might have experienced, we can’t put an exact value on your claim until we have assessed all the details of your case. We’ll calculate everything, including financial costs, wage losses, and less tangible damages.
Some or all of these damages may be included in your compensation:
- Medical costs, both immediate and long-term
- Physical therapy
- Income loss or diminishment, both current and projected into retirement, if applicable
- Disability accommodations to your office, home, and car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress like post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of consortium, companionship, and care of your family
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
Insurance and Comparative Negligence
The people responsible for your injury, as well as their insurers, will fight hard to protect their bottom line. They will try to take advantage of Illinois’ comparative fault rules by twisting your words against you to pin the blame on you.
If you’re partially to blame for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by that percentage. For example, if you’re awarded $100,000 but are also deemed 10 percent at fault, then you’ll only receive $90,000.
You need to be careful of what you say and how you say it when making statements to anyone’s representatives, including your own insurer. Our skilled team of injury lawyers in Aurora will see these threats coming and protect you.
Work with an Aurora Personal Injury Attorney
Do not let your growing debt worry you while you’re healing from a serious injury. Call an Aurora personal injury lawyer from Lane & Lane, LLC for a free, no-obligation consultation at 312-332-1400, or fill out the information below.