Hiring an Aurora truck crash lawyer can protect you from a lifetime of financial struggles after an 18-wheeler accident.
Car accidents are bad enough, but colliding with an 18-wheeler at high speed is likely to be far more serious. If you weren’t at fault for your truck crash, you shouldn’t be held financially accountable for the catastrophic injuries and damage it caused.
That's why an experienced Aurora truck accident lawyer will do everything he or she can to make you comfortable and reduce your stress as you pursue compensation. The team at Lane & Lane, LLC will represent you in all negotiations and in court to get you and your family the compensation you deserve.
Causes and Fault in Aurora Semi-Truck Crashes
To find out who holds the blame, we’ll begin by determining the cause of your Aurora semi-truck accident. Many factors can cause an accident, but only a few people can be linked to the negligence involved. Some common negligent parties in commercial trucking crashes include the following:
- Distracted, drowsy, drunk, or drugged truckers
- Dock loaders who might have secured or balanced the cargo poorly
- Defective parts and poor or infrequent maintenance, which could be the fault of manufacturers, installers, or repair technicians
- Trucking companies with unsafe delivery goals that encourage truckers to speed, not sleep, or take stimulant drugs
- Poor road conditions due to extreme potholes, unmarked lanes, deep shoulders, or uneven lanes.
- Construction companies that set up too close to the road or provided poor traffic instructions and warnings
- Truck Crash Injuries
Injuries in semi-truck and 18-wheeler accidents in Aurora tend to be on the extreme end of the spectrum. You might have suffered serious injuries to any of the following parts of your body:
- Head and face
- Neck, back, and spine
- Internal organs or blood vessels
You could also have the following:
- Severely broken bones
- Amputated or lost limbs
- Severe burns
- Mental anguish
It’s ‘Semi-Truck’, Not ‘Semi-Compensated’
What is walking your kids to the school bus worth to you? What would you do for one more rock concert if you lost 80 percent of your hearing? How many promotions and hours of work will you lose?
These are tough questions, but they represent some of the worst consequences of severe injuries in truck accidents. The answers to questions like this will help us maximize the value of your claim.
We’ll speak with your doctors and other experts to estimate the duration and cost of your treatments and long-term losses. If applicable, we’ll incorporate the following damages into the total value of your Aurora truck accident claim:
- Immediate and ongoing medical expenses
- Current and projected income loss
- Disability accommodations
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship, consortium, and care
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
Contact an Aurora Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
If you suffered a serious injury in a traffic collision with semi-truck, you’re dealing with more than just catastrophic injuries, which are bad enough on their own. You’re also dealing with an enormous undertaking: filing a personal injury claim that will put you up against large trucking companies, their insurers, and their teams of lawyers.
That’s a good reason to be concerned, but you won’t have to worry if you work with Lane & Lane, LLC. We will treat you like family and do everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve and need.
Complete the online contact form at the bottom of this page or call us at 312-332-1400 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with an Aurora truck accident lawyer.