Make September Special by Taking Advantage of These Fun Events in Chicago
As Chicago makes the transition from summer into the cooler days of fall, it may seem like all the fun is over for the year. However, there is still a lot of fun to be had—and beautiful evenings to enjoy—before the snow starts to fall. If you feel like you’re out of ideas for keeping things interesting now that summer vacation time is over, here are some ideas for making September special:
- Access for All: Tom Olin’s Photographs of the Disability Rights Movement, until April 10, 2016. The Chicago History Museum is still hosting a powerful exhibit of photos from photographer Tom Olin. The prints show activists fighting for disability rights to bring about the Americans With Disabilities Act, and the exhibit will focus on educating visitors about this important moment in history. Take an afternoon to check it out before it disappears next April!
- Super Bears Shuffle 5K, September 10. Can’t wait for game day? Get ready for the Super Bears Shuffle 5K! Just the second year for this event, participants can expect a fun day at Soldier Field with the Bears Drumline, Staley Da Bear, and a pep rally.
- Venetian Night, September 12. Enjoy an evening that features a parade of illuminated boats, favorite Broadway themes, and fireworks at the Navy Pier. Venetian Night brings the spirit of Venice to Lake Michigan and promises fun for the whole family.
- Oaktoberfest, September 18 and 19. Are you ready for a little taste of autumn? The “Oaktober” festival takes place for two days in downtown Oak Park, featuring music, craft beer, fall-themed foods, and even a root beer garden for the kids!
- Apple Fest, September 19. In its 28th year, the Annual Apple Fest kicks off the fall season and celebrates one of America’s favorite fruits. Expect to enjoy candy apples, apple pies, steaming apple cider, local musicians, and craft vendors.
- Oktoberfest Chicago, September 25–27. Head down to St. Alphonsus in the West Lakeview neighborhood and enjoy a Bavarian-themed weekend. The event invites you to “bring on autumn and pull out the lederhosen” and features food, beer tastings, brats, two music stages, and kids’ activities.
- Grand Art & Design Festival, September 26 and 27. The recently revamped Art & Design Festival will still bring together home and garden design vendors, but it will now also feature music, local crafts, handmade goods, jewelry, food trucks, and hayrides! It takes place in the Grand Avenue Design District in West Town.
If you enjoyed this article, let us know by leaving a quick comment below—or get more great news and information from our Chicago law office by subscribing to our monthly newsletter!