Kellie J. Snyder, an associate attorney at the Law Offices of Lane & Lane, LLC, brings justice to those whose lives have been altered due to the wrongful and negligent acts of others. While a full-time law student, Kellie joined the Lane & Lane team in January of 2017. During this time, she served as a law clerk to partner Mark Brown, assisting in the zealous representation of victims in a variety of cases, including personal injury, medical malpractice, and sexual abuse.
Kellie brings an empathetic, understanding approach to the practice of law, and she makes communication with clients a priority. Her attention to detail and relentless pursuit of the truth has played a valuable role in obtaining verdicts and favorable settlements on behalf of clients.
Although Kellie has experience in a wide range of cases, she is particularly passionate about advocating for victims of sexual assault and abuse. While society is just now understanding the silence many victims of sexual acts have faced for years, Kellie has long understood this obstacle and works tirelessly to support victims of sexual assault and abuse in speaking out against their abusers.
Kellie is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law, where she served as a teaching assistant in legal research and writing. In this role, Kellie mentored over fifty first-year law students in crafting persuasive, thoroughly researched legal arguments. Kellie has been recognized for her trial advocacy skills in law school, as she was a recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy II, an award which is given to the individual with the highest grade in the class. During this same time, she was recruited to join the DePaul Trial Team, where she was one of four law students, chosen from a team of twenty, to compete in a mock trial competition in New York.
Kellie completed her undergraduate studies at Ball State University, where she received her Bachelor of Science and Humanities in Legal Studies, specializing in Public Interest Law and minoring in Psychology.
Before moving to Chicago, Kellie grew up in Troy, Michigan. When not practicing law, she enjoys cycling, creating small batch ceramics on a potter’s wheel, and exploring the many restaurants and music venues Chicago has to offer.
Areas of Practice
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
DePaul College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor – 2018
- Honors: Dean’s List
- CALI Award in Trial Advocacy II: Persuasive Communication, 2017
- Member: Trial Team
- President, If/When/How – Law Students for Reproductive Justice
- 2L Senator: Student Bar Association
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science & Humanities – 2014
- Major: Legal Studies – Public Interest Law
- Minor: Psychology
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Founder & President: Legal Studies Student Association
- Vice President: Mock Trial Association
- Ball State Debate Team – National Educational Debate Association Finalist 2011 & 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Women’s Caucus, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member