Enjoy a Labor Day Weekend of Fun in Chicago Before Bidding Farewell to Summer
Are you ready to get a few more days of events, festivals, and fun in before the summer is officially over for 2015? Although there’s quite a bit to choose from, here is just a sampling of some of the exciting events going on in Chicago for Labor Day weekend:
- Chicago Jazz Festival, September 3–6. This year, the 37th annual Chicago Jazz Festival will continue to promote the appreciation of jazz by bringing in talented musicians from Chicago, around the nation, and around the world. Head to the Chicago Cultural Center at Millennium Park over Labor Day weekend—admission is free! If you can’t make it to this event, don’t forget that you can still catch some of the Neighborhood Nights on weekends until August 22.
- Taste of Polonia Festival, September 4–7. Also known as Polish Fest, this four-day event will feature four stages of non-stop live music, delicious Polish food and beer, activities for kids, plus vendors and cultural exhibits. It will be held at the Copernicus Center in Jefferson Park, and children under the age of 12 get in free!
- The Magnificant Mile Shopping Festival, September 4–7. If you’ve been spending the late summer days pondering your autumn wardrobe, take a chance to indulge yourself during the Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival. The event is billed as “America’s only shopping festival,” and it features non-stop events that that focus on fashion, fitness, and food. You might even want to check out the Magnificent Mile Chicago Women’s Half Marathon & 5K on Sunday, September 6.
- Naperville Jaycees Last Fling 2015, September 4–7. Celebrating 50 years this year, the Last Fling promises a fun end to the summer with live music, a 5k run, and a Labor Day Parade. The events will take place across the street from Rotary Hill in Naperville, not far from Central High School.
- Chicago’s Best Summer WingFest, September 5. Are you passionate about wings? Summer WingFest promises to reinvent itself this year with more of everything, including music, carnival games, eating contests, craft beers, vendors, and—of course—delicious chicken wings prepared by some of the best local chefs!
- Motor Row Craft Beer & Wine Fest, September 5 & 6. If you want to enjoy a sampling of wines and microbrews in a historic neighborhood, check out the Motor Row Craft Beer & Wine Fest. This will be the first year for the festival, which will be held in the Motor Row District. Along with the tasting events, you’ll find art, music, and food.
No matter how you and your family choose to celebrate Labor Day this year, we hope that you’ll do so safely and responsibly—and that you enjoy the long weekend. For more news, events, and information from our legal team, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus.